Weather, exchange rates, hospitals, police, embassy, visa
- General emergency call 191
- Tourist Police 115
- Fire brigade 199
- Ambulance 1669
- Bitish Embassy Bangkok o2 305 8333
- Contry Code for Thailand +66
- Phuket area code from UK +6676
Visa: British citizens receive a 28-day visa upon entry. For a longer stay you have to get a visa in your home country.
- Important: Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after entry. And a confirmed return ticket must be available.
No vaccinations are required for direct entry from Europe
- The time difference to Central Europe is 5 hours in summer and 6 hours in winter
- Clothing: The climate is tropical. Light summer and casual clothing is best suited for a stay in Thailand. Think of clothing that covers shoulders and knees for temple visits
- Medical care in Phuket: Phuket has several hospitals that some Central European cities would boast of. State-of-the-art technology, excellent doctors who studied in the USA or Europe and care that is more like a luxury hotel than a hospital.
- Pharmacies can be found everywhere and in everyone there are the usual medicines as you are used to in Europe. If you need special medication you carry better with you.
- Money: The Thai currency is the Baht. There are coins of 1, 5 and 10 Baht, as well as notes of 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1,000 Baht. European currencies and travellers cheques are exchanged at all banks and exchange offices. ATMs are located in front of every bank and supermarket. They accept credit cards and Eurocards. Note: If the machine suggests a certain exchange rate when withdrawing money – refuse! The rate your UK bank charges you is always cheaper